Saturday, August 27, 2011

well, here i am again.


A couple months ago, a friend of mine asked me if I would plan another trip to Juarez this December. I had been thinking about planning one, but never really got around to actually saying I would go.

And now I'm here. I've got barely enough people to make a team. I've got the people, and all we need are the funds. (Which, to me is weird because I think most of the time the problem is that teams are short on people and not funds.)

Last year, we raised nearly all of the money we needed to get us to Juarez, build a house, and come back.

I'm going to be honest with you, we need at least $6600 to do this. Last year, we had donations from $5 to $400. And we needed every bit of that to help us accomplish our goal, which was to build a home for a family who made less than $300 a month and was living in a cardboard shack. We went, built, Christ was shared, and we were changed.

Please seriously consider supporting our team this year! Everything you donate goes to things from nails and shims to new doors and windows and enough lumber for the roof.

We are building the week after Christmas. Temps drop below 0 in Juarez in the winter and many people won't make it through to spring. Many homes look like this.....



Please consider giving up something this Christmas so that a family can have a warm home and the good news of Christ.

To those of you who have donated, THANK YOU so much! Together I believe we are being God's hands and feet, whether it's giving or going.

I installed this donate button and posted it on the left side of my blog. Click on it to donate online. If you'd rather send a check or would like to receive a fundraising letter with more information, email me at aubrie2@ksu.edu.

Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment