Tuesday, December 6, 2011

too much at stake.

It's been a long time since I've written anything. In my last post I was talking about how I couldn't wait for December to be here and here it is!

Lately I've been watching sermons by Paul Washer. At first I wasn't sure what to think...but the more I watch him and listen to him, the more I agree. He has a love for people that is so amazing. He's preaches really harsh truth, and I think a lot of people don't like him because it's hard to hear what he says. But I think it's imperative to who we are...he talks about how you can't put enough worth on a soul.

What would my life look like if I constantly loved people no matter how they treated me? Here's the first video I wanted to share.



The next one is about false teachers and the church in America. So many people are being deceived by these false teachers that gain so much fame...and it's heartbreaking. People pick out pieces of scripture that they want to hear and they twist the rest of it to what they want.



What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. We've listened to quite a few of his sermons. I like some of what he has to say A LOT, and I agree that he's right on the money. However, I think after enough listening that I've determined he's a bit on the other extreme from preachers who only preach grace--harsh rebuke for the church is much needed. The first Paul did much of that. But he always coupled it with grace and love, and I have felt some of that missing with this Paul. However overall, definitely worth the listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree Stephanie! I was actually thinking the same thing after I posted this and watched more of his stuff...I was like, "Where's the love? The grace?" It's almost like he never preaches about anything that builds people up. I think many people (at least I would) might freak out if this is all they ever heard. I like enjoying God while at the same time hearing the "tough stuff."

    ReplyDelete