Tuesday, February 22, 2011

food for thought.

As I was delving into the book of James yesterday I found this verse in 4:5 - "He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us."

And because I am a nerd I decided to look it up in French...I like comparing the languages because sometimes you get something you just won't find in English. It says: "Dieu ne tolère aucun rival de l'Esprit qu'il a fait habiter en nous."

Direct translation: "God tolerates no rivals for the Spirit that he has made to dwell in us."

What is there that you let fight for your soul besides God? Because I can tell you that anything that fights against God won't win, because we are a "war already won," (lyrics taken from Starfield's "Revolution").

1 comment:

  1. I do that with Spanish a lot. It's amazing what you can pick up reading it with a different perspective. Good post.

    ReplyDelete