Monday, February 14, 2011

keep moving forward.

I am supposed to be in bed.

I like to listen to music sometimes before I go to sleep. It helps me think. Some people think better in silence...I think pretty well with music going. I turned on "Tu Poeta" by Alex Campos that my little amigo Irvin got me hooked on this summer. I call it my Mexico song although it has absolutely nothing to do with Mexico or ministry.

I listened to that song over and over in the weeks when I got back, over and over in the darkest times of last year. So now when I hear it I remember the heartache of the first few months back in the States.

And I had a realization in my late night thinkings. I've never thought about moving forward. I dwell on the past. I was looking at different job opportunities tonight from teaching to just random things I can do with my Spanish experience. God has so much ahead of me. I can't waste my time looking back, even though part of me is screaming, "That's the best summer you'll ever have so you might as well give up all hope of future ones!"

I am ready for this summer and all it has to bring.

I am ready for my life.

I am ready to follow God where he leads.

I'm moving forward. Finally.

"Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told." - Habakkuk 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment