Tuesday, February 1, 2011

freezing.

Right now I'm at McAlister's supposedly studying...it's our second snow day and part of me is trying to figure out why because K-State almost NEVER cancels class. And it's been worse than this before!

I'm trying to study but I just can't, because I found out it is going to be 8 degrees in Juarez tomorrow. At the table next to mine is a baby girl who is watching me carefully and waving, and I can't help but wonder how many beautiful babies just like this one will die this winter because of the bitter cold, because they live in a cardboard box.

I don't know how I sit in a college classroom and do my homework when I know that people are dying all over the world of preventable causes. People that I met this summer who are still waiting for a home from Casas might die before their house comes. And this breaks my heart and makes me feel pukey as I drink my sweet tea and eat my second meal of the day.

But at the same time I can feel God each day reassuring me that being in school right now is the right thing to do. I am learning each day from him. I can't tell you how many people have told me that I should be a teacher because I have a "natural teaching ability." I took a class on missions a couple years ago and the textbook talked about how important it is to be prepared to go out into the mission field. I want to be the best teacher I can be...so I guess for now it's back to studying. In writing my platform for my ESL portfolio I am realizing how much I don't know...kind of scary but then I remember I have another year to study.

I am thinking about putting together another team to take down this summer...if you're interested, please come. Your life will be changed.

My friend posted this video on her wall the other day, and I'd like to share it with you:

No comments:

Post a Comment